"Fashion Revolution is a global movement calling for greater transparency, sustainability and ethics in the fashion industry. We want to unite the fashion industry and ignite a revolution to radically change the way our clothes are sourced, produced and purchased, so that what the world wears has been made in a safe, clean and fair way." - in fashionrevolution.org
And Pankuka wants to be part of this too!
Here is an illustration showing Pankuka's small supply chain for the Baby Bodysuits and the Kids T-Shirts, in a very simple way. And these are the companies who i work with to produce this 2 products:
• Earth Positive - an organic, fair trade and certified swedish apparel brand, with production in India. From them i get the already made bodysuits and t-shirts.
• Black-Ink - a small studio in Berlin, owned by 2 super nice and experienced printers, Thomas and Benny, and they manually screen-print all the clothes, for me.
• Siebenblau - a local business selling the most wonderful organic certified fabrics
• Frau Tulpe - a local business selling sewing materials
• Naturstoff Lindeman - Raw Cotton and Linen fabrics, produced in Germany (not organic certified)
• Boesner - from where i get my water based screen-printing inks and other supplies.
• Natural Dyes (vegetables, fruits and spices from the market, usually Organic)
• Indian Block-printers from Bhuj, in India - where i lived for 6 months, where i learned block-printing (at least, a basic learning) and where i go back to whenever possible, to visit the friends and to bring more wonderful hand-printed fabrics.
Sustainability, fairness, transparency, slow-printing and lots of fun and original illustrations is what moves Pankuka and it is what makes sense to me.
I prefer to produce in an honest and fair way and at the same time, try to source and support other like-minded businesses and artisans.
It may take more time, be more costly, but this is the path i have chosen and the one i believe in, for me, for my family and to share it with everyone that feels the same.